Tuesday, May 24, 2005

New job title

I hate the words home maker and house wife. To me that job title is so 1950's. I don't wear a dress every day. I don't wear make up all the time. Maybe once a week. The place is not always clean. I don't bake unless it is a cake for a birthday or for an occational craving for cookies or brownies. I don't have dinner ready on time at the table and some nights I don't even want to make dinner.

When people ask me what I do for a living I say I am a stay at home mom. I am not a home maker or house wife. PLEASE don't call me that. I hate that it says that on papers we have to fill out for a credit card etc.

I also hate sometimes when I meet new people and they tell me what they do for a living then I say "I am a stay at home mom." They look at me like I am not worth anything. What is up with that?

From now on my new job title is....

Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations.

4 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

awesome.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

nice.

i'd like to be one of those someday.

but if were to tell people that i wanted to stay at home with my kids, they'd look at me like i was crazy, had no ambitions, no education and no potential to have a worthwhile life. why is that?

society is odd, you know.

good thing i've always been somewhat of a non-conformist.

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that title!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

You have the most important job in the world. I pray that I get to have the honor of having that job someday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home