Monday, July 11, 2005

The worst picture of me



Gabe took this picture when I was in labor with Jacob. When we got the birth pictures developed I was horrified. I could not believe Gabe took this picture of me. I delivered my fourth and final child naturally (without drugs). YES it hurt really bad. The picture was taken during a REALLY bad contraction. I will never forget that pain. But in the end holding my brand new baby boy in my arms was worth all the pain I went through. Now it is your turn to show us your worst picture of yourself. Come on you can do it. If I can post my worst picture than you can do it to.

3 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

wow. brave girl. brave for 1) posting the worst picture ever (you look great by the way!) and 2) giving birth with no drugs (i'm gonna do the same)!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

i'm feeling two things. 1) envy that you got to do a drug free delivery (not actually envious, thanks to modern medicine my boy lived) and 2) frustration with you for thinking that this picture is bad. it's beautiful and i bet gabe aggrees.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Scrapping Dani said...

You are right Rebecca Marie. It is a beautiful picture. I never really thought about it that way before. I guess it is because of how painful a natural delivery is. Looking at the picture for the first time made me remember the pain at that moment and how much I cried and screamed. Overall I think I would have done better during my labor and delivery if my doctor would have been there. He did not show up until 15 minutes after Jacob was born.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home