Thursday, August 18, 2005

LOVE Trader Joe's and Wild Oat's





Has anyone else been to either place?

Yes some of the food is pricey but for the most part a lot of it is cheap (for good food). I went to Trader Joe's last night to get a few things. Their wine selection is awesome and VERY inexpensive. They have wonderful cheese to go with wine as well. Who would have thought that a $2.99 bottle of wine would be yummy? I use to think that if the wine was under $10 then it must suck. Well I was wrong. I do know that the more expensive the better it is in taste but when you are on a budget the $2.99 bottle of Charles Shaw Cabernet Sauvignon is the way to go.

Wild Oats is great too (but a bit more expensive) and they do have more stuff than Trader Joe's but there is just something about Trader Joe's that I just love. Maybe it is the atmosphere and all the "natural" people that shop there. Plus on my way to Trader Joe's last night I saw thousand bag man and I waved to him. That guy sure does travel.

I love organic food and just feel great going to those types of stores. Growing up I never got to go to those stores because we did not have the money to shop there. Now that I am married and on my own I love to go and do the things I never got to do. We don't go often because of the kids. We do go once month to both stores (Wild Oats and Trader Joe's) when we don't have a lot of bills to pay. We have a little extra money to spend on great food once a month. We stock up.

Last night we had Trader Joe's marinara sauce and pasta for dinner. It was delish.

Anyone else here LOVE Trader Joe's and Wild Oats?

8 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

throw the rule about "the more expensive, the better..." out the window. usually now, it's "the more expensive, the farther it's travelled," and even that's not always true. inexpensive wines are lots of times just as good.

yes, thousand bag man is quite the traveler. and speaking of our hobo friends, not-jerry garcia was at johnson creek fred meyer this morning, with a small hispanic man, in the jewlery department of all places, having a conversation with a real person. it was so odd.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger bscarter said...

Hell, one of my favorite wines is a Ste. Chapelle reisling from f'n Idaho of all places. About $14, great with dessert.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Scrapping Dani said...

Thanks BSC I will have to try that wine now. I LOVE Reisling.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger bscarter said...

Actually, check that. IT runs cheaper. The $14 is for older years, like 1999 and before. It's usually around $8. You'll like it.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Scrapping Dani said...

I will check it out this weekend.

One brand of wine my husband and I really like is Yellow Tail. I think you can get it just about any where.

We have tried all the Yellow Tail wines.

I recently treid Six Grapes Port. That was AWESOME.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

my husband LOVES trader joe's for their wine and cheese selection and PRICES. we either shop there or wild oats (it is a five block walk from our house) or the natural section of fred meyer. now, we aren't rich, in fact we're always broke, but we see it as a prioroty to put good stuff in our bodies. we are willing to say no to other things so that we can invest in good food and support good companies that are helping make this world and the environment a better place. i was trying to explain to my friend why i buy sevent generation toilet paper rather than a cheaper brand. she didn't understand. i told her it was a matter of principle . . .

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i, too, love trader joes. they have a chai tea there to die for! unfortunately, they don't have any in utah yet! typical.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Scrapping Dani said...

Nytro-

But I know Utah has a Wild Oats and a Fred Meyer. Both stores have Chai tea. I have seen it and bought it at Fred Meyer. Check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home